Cars24 is primarily a company which is driven by cutting edge technology. We live and breathe technology everyday in our business. We are “tech first” in the sense that any problem that is thrown at us we look for providing a solution using technology.
We use variety of tech stacks to solve our day to day problems like Node.JS/PHP/Java/Golang.
Some of the other technologies that we use are :
Aurora, RDS, Elastic Search, Redis, MongoDB, VoltDB, MySQL, Snowflake, RabbitMQ, Kinesis.
We have high performance native applications developed in IOS and Android. We do not believe in hybrid applications because we look for optimizing every bit of screen as our users are very demanding.
We are deployed in AWS and use many services provided by AWS. We follow microservices architecture and agile methodologies to keep us at our toes all the time.
We have dedicated devops team that automates our deployment pipeline and we continually look for investing in cutting edge tools that help us stay ahead of the competition.
Our domain is unique so are our problems so it is important that we keep researching new areas in tech. We always keep a balance in number of feature set and core R&D areas so we provide access to AWS to all our developers.
Our environment is vibrant and full of energy. We are looking for like minded people who love to “code” and have passion in building great softwares.
Come join us for a ride full of fun and rewards !!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Building scalable, highly available, resilient, extendable, secured architecture to provide a significant boost to the business
- Leading talented and highly skilled Software Engineers. Hiring, guiding, mentoring and motivating your team to achieve business goals.
- Working with various cross-functional teams to understand their needs, offering them solutions and setting and managing their expectations
- Bringing in simplicity, efficiency and execution speed in business flows
- Ensuring software architecture sanity, operational excellence, timely & high quality delivery
- Setting up best practices for development and championing their adoption
- Creating clear career path for team members and positioning them
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening
Ideal candidate profile:
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- An engineering degree in CS/EE from a reputed institution
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture for a scalable and highly available set-up
- Experienced in Java and related Technologies like Spring/Hibernate/
- Experienced in using Message Brokers like RabbitMQ, NATS
- Experienced in Distributed technologies like Vert.x/Akka/Zookeeper
- Experienced in Streaming technologies like Kafka, Flink
- Experienced in Container Technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases
- Not afraid of refactoring existing system and guiding the team about same
- Experienced in developing the long-term tech strategy for analytics and translate that into an achievable roadmap
- Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best
- Strong in open source technologies, agile development and Big Data technologies
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering team responsible for delivery of scalable and extensible distributed systems
- Ability to drive multiple projects and deliver them on time with high quality
- Passion for building a strong Engineering culture, operational excellence & innovation